Fire safety awarness
Employers have a duty to ensure that all employees are provided with adequate safety training at the time they are first employed and periodically during their time of employment where necessary. Training should include suitable and sufficient instruction and training on the appropriate precautions and actions to be taken by the employee in order to safeguard himself and other relevant persons on the premises.
This course provides general basic knowledge of what to do in the event of a fire and how to prevent a fire from happening.
The course looks at how all employees need to take responsibility to reduce the risk of fire in the workplace and give a clear understanding of:
- What action to take on discovering a fire
- How to raise the alarm
- What to do when hearing a fire alarm
- Who’s responsible for calling the emergency services
- The location of extinguishers and escape routes
- Dealing with disabled persons and evacuation procedures